Roadsoft & LDC Update – Version 2021.10 is Now Available
This is a minor version release for Roadsoft. Minor releases for Roadsoft contain bug fixes and other enhancements. The framework has not changed in this release. It is necessary to update both Roadsoft and the LDC to the same version for this release.
ROADSOFT & LDC VERSIONS INCLUDE:
The Roadsoft & LDC 2021.10 updates include numerous enhancements and fixes throughout the programs. A complete list of changes is available on the Downloads page.
Noteworthy new features for this release include:
- Added new Culvert Inspections to support TAMC Culvert data collection and the latest AASHTO Culvert and Storm Drain System Inspection Guide
- Added Custom Fields to the Culvert Module. User can define an unlimited number of fields: date, decimal, long note, lookup, short string, whole number, or yes/no flag.
- Added option to export data to ESRI File Geodatabase format, using the Field Description (spaces removed) as the output field name.
- Intersection module now displays Sign shapes for Stop and Yield signs as well as Traffic Signal shapes at an intersection on the mini map.
PREPARE FOR ROADSOFT UPDATE:
- Complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to updating or risk data loss. Users can update from LDC 2021.3 or newer without losing any data. For users updating from an older version (2021.1 or older) should bring data back into Roadsoft before updating.
- Complete a database backup. See Back Up, Move, & Restore Database in the online Roadsoft Manual for more information.
- Agencies currently receiving a migration request message in their current version of Roadsoft must complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to migrating or risk data loss.
- All computers that connect to a shared Roadsoft database will need to be updated to the same version in order to connect.
- Roadsoft 2019.3 or newer can update directly into this release. The update is available at www.roadsoft.org/downloads.
- Roadsoft versions older than 2019.3 - contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roadsoft on Framework 16 or prior - contact technical support at email@example.com.
MIGRATION OF BASEMAP:
After updating Roadsoft and applying script updates, users may be prompted to perform a Framework Migration. It is extremely important to make another database backup before migrating data. Once migration is complete, any features that could not be migrated (could not be moved or adjusted based on new roadway information) will be available for view under the Asset Management->Migration Summary menu in Roadsoft.
In addition, for Road Segments that could not migrate, an option has been added to add a layer to the map that will display the previous version basemap segments including data to better visualize where road data was not migrated.
Contact the CTT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 487-2102.
If your agency has never used Roadsoft, please email your request from an agency email address to email@example.com. Roadsoft is available free of charge to all local agencies in Michigan.
Roadsoft is fully compatible with the 2012 and newer versions of SQL Server and SQL Server Express. Our 2019 SQL Server Express installer is now available for use with Roadsoft for agencies interested in upgrading their existing SQL Express server. Download the new installer at roadsoft.org/downloads/sql-downloads