Roadsoft & LDC Update – Version 2022.7 is Now Available
This is a minor version release for Roadsoft. Minor releases for Roadsoft contain bug fixes and other enhancements. The framework has not changed in this release. It is necessary to update both Roadsoft and the LDC to the same version for this release.
ROADSOFT & LDC VERSIONS INCLUDE:
The Roadsoft & LDC 2022.7 updates include numerous enhancements and fixes throughout the programs. A complete list of changes is available on the Downloads page.
Noteworthy new features for this release include:
- Added multi-edit for Custom Fields (Culvert, Sign, and Road). Option is available under the Asset Management menu (Pavement Management for Roads).
- Added Culvert Condition Improvement reports (by City/Twp, Material, and Waterway) to show summary of culverts whose ratings improved to a 10.
- Added Culvert Inspection Rating Improvement reports (by City/Twp, Material, and Waterway) to show summary of culverts whose inspection ratings improved to Good.
- Added option to Drainage Structure Work Order History report to filter work orders by status.
- Added External ID field to Drainage Structure Work Order History report.
PREPARE FOR ROADSOFT UPDATE:
- Complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to updating or risk data loss. Users can update from LDC 2022.3 or newer without losing any data. For users updating from an older version (2022.1 or older) should bring data back into Roadsoft before updating.
- Complete a database backup. See Back Up, Move, & Restore Database in the online Roadsoft Manual for more information.
- Agencies currently receiving a migration request message in their current version of Roadsoft must complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to migrating or risk data loss.
- All computers that connect to a shared Roadsoft database will need to be updated to the same version in order to connect.
· Roadsoft 2020.1 or newer can update directly into this release. The update is available at www.roadsoft.org/downloads.
· Roadsoft versions older than 2020.1 - contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Roadsoft on Framework 17 or prior - contact technical support at email@example.com.
MIGRATION OF BASEMAP:
After updating Roadsoft and applying script updates, users may be prompted to perform a Framework Migration. It is extremely important to make another database backup before migrating data. Once migration is complete, any features that could not be migrated (could not be moved or adjusted based on new roadway information) will be available for view under the Asset Management->Migration Summary menu in Roadsoft.
In addition, for Road Segments that could not migrate, an option has been added to add a layer to the map that will display the previous version basemap segments including data to better visualize where road data was not migrated.
Contact the CTT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 487-2102.
If your agency has never used Roadsoft, please email your request from an agency email address to email@example.com. Roadsoft is available free of charge to all local agencies in Michigan.
Roadsoft is fully compatible with the 2012 and newer versions of SQL Server and SQL Server Express. Our 2019 SQL Server Express installer is now available for use with Roadsoft for agencies interested in upgrading their existing SQL Express server. Download the new installer at roadsoft.org/downloads/sql-downloads