Roadsoft & LDC Update – Version 2022.3 is Now Available
This is a major version release for Roadsoft. Major releases for Roadsoft contain the newest framework (map), along with other features, enhancements, and fixes. It is necessary to update both Roadsoft and the LDC to the same version for this release.
ROADSOFT & LDC VERSIONS INCLUDE:
The Roadsoft & LDC 2022.3 updates include numerous enhancements and fixes throughout the programs. A complete list of changes is available on the Downloads page.
Noteworthy new features for this release include:
· Added Custom Fields to the Road Module. User can define an unlimited number of fields of the following types: Date, Decimal, Long Note, Lookup, Short String, Whole Number, or Yes/No Flag.
· Added LDC Export/Import from Cloud.
· Added process to update local data with MIRE data from MDOT and to submit data changes to MDOT for MIRE Surface Type, Through Lanes, Median Type, Facility Type, Travel Direction, Access Control, Traffic Control, and Geometry.
· Complete overhaul/redesign of the Bridge Module to simplify the data to better reflect the MiBridge data source.
· Migration of Michigan basemap framework features from v21 to v22.
· Crash (2012 - 2020) data updated and migrated to v22. NOTE: 2021 crash will not be available until it is finalized by MDOT after April.
· Bridge data updated and located to v22 centerline.
PREPARE FOR ROADSOFT UPDATE:
· Complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to updating or risk data loss. Users can update from LDC 2022.3 or newer without losing any data. For users updating from an older version (2022.1 or older) should bring data back into Roadsoft before updating.
· Complete a database backup. See Back Up, Move, & Restore Database in the online Roadsoft Manual for more information.
· Agencies currently receiving a migration request message in their current version of Roadsoft must complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to migrating or risk data loss.
· All computers that connect to a shared Roadsoft database will need to be updated to the same version in order to connect.
· Roadsoft 2020.1 or newer can update directly into this release. The update is available at www.roadsoft.org/downloads.
· Roadsoft versions older than 2020.1 - contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Roadsoft on Framework 17 or prior - contact technical support at email@example.com.
MIGRATION OF BASEMAP:
After updating Roadsoft and applying script updates, users may be prompted to perform a Framework Migration. It is extremely important to make another database backup before migrating data. Once migration is complete, any features that could not be migrated (could not be moved or adjusted based on new roadway information) will be available for view under the Asset Management->Migration Summary menu in Roadsoft.
In addition, for Road Segments that could not migrate, a new menu option, ‘View Unmigrated Segments,’ has been added to the Asset Management menu that will display the previous version basemap segments including data to better visualize where road data was not migrated.
Contact the CTT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 487-2102.
If your agency has never used Roadsoft, please email your request from an agency email address to email@example.com. Roadsoft is available free of charge to all local agencies in Michigan.
Roadsoft is fully compatible with the 2012 and newer versions of SQL Server and SQL Server Express. Our 2019 SQL Server Express installer is now available for use with Roadsoft for agencies interested in upgrading their existing SQL Express server. Download the new installer at roadsoft.org/downloads/sql-downloads