Roadsoft & LDC Update – Version 2020.3 is Now Available
This is a major version release for Roadsoft. Major releases for Roadsoft contain the newest framework (map), along with other features and enhancements. It is necessary to update both Roadsoft and the LDC to the same version for this release.
PLEASE NOTE: Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. This version will NOT install on Windows 7. Windows 8.1 or newer is required.
ROADSOFT & LDC VERSIONS INCLUDE:
The Roadsoft & LDC 2020.3 updates include numerous enhancements and fixes throughout the programs. A complete list of changes is available on the Downloads page. Noteworthy new features for this release include:
- Migration of Michigan basemap framework features from Michigan Geographic Framework (MGF) v17 to Roads and Highways (RH) v20 (see note below).
- Crash and Bridge data migrated to RH v20.
- Drainage Structure module now includes line and polygon assets in addition to point assets.
- Added support for better rendering on high-DPI displays.
PREPARE FOR ROADSOFT UPDATE:
- Complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to updating or risk data loss. A new export from Roadsoft to LDC will be required to continue data collection. Any data currently in LDC can be exported and imported into Roadsoft--do so BEFORE performing the framework migration in Roadsoft.
- Complete a database backup. See Back Up, Move, & Restore Database in the online Roadsoft Manual for more information.
- Agencies currently receiving a migration request message in their current version of Roadsoft must complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to migrating or risk data loss.
- All computers that connect to a shared Roadsoft database will need to be updated to the same version in order to connect.
MIGRATION OF BASEMAP:
After updating Roadsoft an applying script updates, users will be prompted to perform a Framework Migration. It is extremely important to make another database backup before migrating data. Once migration is complete, any features that could not be migrated (could not be moved or adjusted based on new roadway information) will be available for view under the Asset Management->Migration Summary menu in Roadsoft.
Contact the CTT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 281-0141.
If your agency has never used Roadsoft, please email your request from an agency email address to email@example.com. Roadsoft is available free of charge to all local agencies in Michigan.
Roadsoft is fully compatible with the 2012 and newer versions of SQL Server and SQL Server Express. Our 2017 SQL Server Express installer is now available for use with Roadsoft for agencies interested in upgrading their existing SQL Express server. Download the new installer at roadsoft.org/downloads/sql-downloads